Benefits of Home Care for the Elderly
Benefits of Home Care For the Elderly
There are many benefits to home care for the elderly. From companionship and ensuring that there is someone around to look after your elderly loved one’s well being even when you are not present, home care has multiple benefits. Here at The Excel Nursing Agency Ltd, we have provided you with 5 great reasons why you should use home care to take care of your elderly relatives.
1) Home Care is Affordable: A professional caregiver not only provides high quality care, they are also extremely affordable as compared to nursing homes. In most cases, keeping your elderly loved ones at home costs considerably less per hour than it would to send them to your local elder care home or traditional sitter. This is even more true when the home care company you choose to take care of your elders have reasonable rates and simple pricing models that do not involve the use of monthly or annual contracts.
2) Gives Family the Comfort of Home: For many elderly family members the feeling of being at home, where they are comfortable and where they have family and friends surrounding them can promote their recovery. If your parent or relative has been discharged from the hospital recently, the home care option allows them to rehabilitate in the comfort of their own home which research has shown can help older adults heal more quickly.
3) Allows for Personalized, One to One Care: Caregivers that provide for your loved ones at home have only one purpose and that is to make sure that your loved ones recover fully. This means they have their complete attention and quality care. With a EXCEL caregiver, providing care for the elderly is a personal affair. Your loved one gets one to one care at the necessary level to make them completely comfortable.
4) Independence, Comfort and Confidence to Recover: Did you know, more seniors fear moving into a nursing home and losing their independence than they fear death itself? According to one study, nearly 90% of seniors want to age in their own home. For many Nigerians, our homes are our castles, and this does not change as more candles and are added to our cakes. The home setting is the least restrictive environment for older adults to remain engaged with their typical daily activities in the community and with family and friends around them. With a range of home care services, your loved ones have the control and the ability to lead a meaningful and independent life care services, your loved ones have the control and the ability to lead a meaningful and independent life well into old age. Home care services can range from medication reminders and assistance with activities to daily chores, meal prep and grocery shopping.
5) Home Care Keeps Families Together: In times of old age or sickness, a strong family bond takes centre stage. Families are a great source for emotional support for the elderly. Knowing that your loved one is in an environment that is safe and therapeutic can reduce the feelings of guilt that one associates with the caregiver’s burden. Those who choose home care for the elderly over nursing homes can have the advantage of visiting their family members whenever they want, without restricted visiting hours. Care co-ordinators are committed to involving your family in the care process and can help keep everyone in clear and regular communication